The Association is responsible for managing 16 kindergartens in the greater Hastings area and Central Hawke’s Bay.
- Human resource management and appointment of staff
- Payroll services
- Professional support to staff and committees
- Buildings and property advice and assistance
- Administration and financial support
- Establishing and maintaining contacts with other early childhood agencies.
The Association is committed to:
- Providing education and support programmes which respect the dignity, rights, abilities, individuality, cultural values and learning styles of children, parents and management
- Providing advice, support and professional development which will enhance the performance of teachers and management
- Ensuring that the activities of the association and kindergartens centre on the needs of the child as learner
- Ensuring that the activities of the association and the kindergartens are high quality and cost effective
- Honouring the principals and practices inherent in the Treaty of Waitangi
- Ensuring equitable practices.
Tohua nga whakatipuranga
Ki te inu I te puna
O te Matauranga
Kia hora ai
O te ora ki runga I te iwi
Kia kaha, kia toa
Nurture the young and teach them to drink from the fountain of knowledge. For with them lies your protection, your strength and the destiny of your people.